Friday, March 12, 2010

Leaving All to Follow...

Leaving All to Follow

 

Peter began to say to Him, "Behold, we have left everything and followed You (Mark 10:28 NAS95).

 

            To truly follow Jesus and be his disciple will require you to leave everything and follow him. Paul understood this principle of following Jesus.

"But whatever things were gain to me, those things I have counted as loss for the sake of Christ. Phil 3:8 More than that, I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them but rubbish so that I may gain Christ," (Phil 3:7–8 NAS95)

           

Following Jesus involves total abandonment to what we hold on to in life and in this world. The time comes now to check do you love Jesus and call him master, Lord and Christ. If Jesus is then you need to continue remind yourself you have left everything to follow Jesus and to receive what he has for you.

 

Prayer:

            Lord, I surrender my life to you. I leave behind the things of this world to turn to you with full devotion and love. I will go where you go and say what you say. I will be obedient in service to you. Amen.

No comments: