Thursday, March 11, 2010

He Heard My Cry

He Heard My Cry

"I waited patiently for the LORD; And He inclined to me and heard my cry." (Ps 40:1 NAS95)
 
Grateful the Lord our God hears our cries. He is near the brokenhearted and heals the afflicted. But the cry of David was in the midst of his longing and patience for the Lord to come to his need.
         The psalmist is confident that in living in obedience to God that the Lord will take up for his child. Where are you standing in obedience of the Lord? Obedience to God will bring conflicts and trials and even persecution. Through hall of this David waited on the Lord to fight his battles.
         Be of good courage knowing that no matter what you face God is seeing exactly what you are going through and is able to defend you. The response then should be as the close of this Psalm:
 
Ps 40:16 aLet all who seek You rejoice and be glad in You;
         Let those who love Your salvation bsay continually,
         "The LORD be magnified!"
Ps 40:17 Since aI am afflicted and needy,
         1bLet the Lord be mindful of me.
         You are my help and my deliverer;
         Do not delay, O my God.
 
Prayer:
God, we turn to you in the midst of our trials, test and persecutions. We need not to defend ourselves or become self-righteous but in all humility we wait on you Lord to deliver us and will praise and honor you for who you are now and for ever more. Amen.
 
By: Samuel Duren

No comments: