Thursday, July 17, 2008

Need Directions?

Need Directions?

John 14:6 ¶ Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
 
         Where are you in your life journey? Sometimes I wish life were mapped out like an amusement park with a kiosk. On the map I can look and the map that reads with a big red star "You are here!" When I see this I know where I am and where I am going and how far I am to my destination. Unfortunately or fortunately, however you look at it, life is not this way. Or is it? Can you just pause life like a game or DVD and see how far you are from the finish line or your destination. Can you stop to see how well you are doing or see if you are in first place, or in last pace or if you are even lost? Can we?
        
Yes, we can. This is because God loves us that he gave us a GPS, God's Precious Son, to show us the way. God is always giving directions through the Son, Jesus. Jesus was surprised that his disciples after following Him for three years and did not know the way. So Jesus points out, "I am the way and the truth and the life." Jesus was showing them and telling them follow me. You can stop and look at Jesus for your direction. Jesus will guide you in your career, relationships, parenting and finances. Jesus knows the ultimate end. The author of Hebrews says, "Jesus is the author and the finisher of our Faith." Let God's Precious Son be your source of direction and see how the way leads you to the truth and eternal life.
        
PRAYER:
         Jesus I surrender my life to you and trust you to lead me where I need to go. You will turn me away from temptation and lead me where I will have peace and joy that all comes from you. This is my prayer. Amen.


No comments: